When do eggs become eggceptional? When they’re marbled, of course! Follow these steps and tips to make marbled eggs.
WHAT YOU NEED
12 hard-boiled EGGS, in shell
Small plastic container/bowl
Nail polish, various pastel colors
Wire egg dipper or wire whisk
1. FILL a small, plastic container with 1 cup of cold water.
2. POUR about 10 to 20 drops of each shade of nail polish into water.
3. SWIRL the colors with a toothpick.
4. SUBMERGE egg in water and nail polish mixture with an egg dipper or put your egg inside a wire whisk. PUSH egg gently through the water with the egg dipper and REMOVE quickly afterward.
See corresponding photo: Marbled Eggs 3
5. LAY egg on a sheet of wax paper or similar surface to dry.
6. REPEAT steps 1 through 6 for each eggtastic color combination.
Food safety precaution: If you plan to eat your decorated eggs, make sure to use only food-safe decorating materials, such as edible nail polish. Kid Licksis one of several brands of edible nail polish.