Prep Time: 45 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings (8 Fritters)
2 -zucchini (about 1 lb)
1 -tsp salt, divided
1 -egg, lightly beaten
3 -tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
2 -tbsp all-purpose flour
2 -tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 -tsp Dijon mustard
1 -clove garlic, minced
1/2 -tsp pepper
1/4 -cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. GRATE zucchini on coarse side of box grater. Place in colander; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Using tea towel, squeeze out and discard liquid.
2. STIR together zucchini, egg, 2 tbsp chives, flour, parsley, mustard, garlic, remaining salt and pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
3. LINE baking sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Scoop 1/4 cup zucchini mixture and shape into thin patty; repeat with remaining zucchini mixture. Lay patties on parchment paper, 1-inch apart.
4. BAKE in 400° oven for about 7 minutes or until browned around edges. Turn over; cook for about 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
5. MEANWHILE, in saucepan set over medium heat, pour in enough water to come three inches up side; add vinegar and bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
6. CRACK eggs into small dish; slide, one at a time, into simmering water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness.Remove with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
7. TOP zucchini fritters with poached eggs; garnish with remaining chives.
Serve with plain Greek yogurt, sour cream or crème fraîche if desired.
Per 2 fritters :
Calories – 170
Fat – 9g
Cholesterol – 240mg
Sodium – 820mg
Carbohydrate – 8g
Fiber – 1g
Sugars – 3g
Protein – 13g