Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Makes: 2 Servings
1 -tbsp olive oil
1 -white onion, diced
4 -cups mixed sliced wild mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake, oyster)
2 -cloves garlic, minced
1 -tsp each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
1/2 -tsp each salt and pepper, divided
1/4 -tsp hot pepper flakes
2 -tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 -tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 -prepared flatbreads
1 -tbsp white vinegar
2 -tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. HEAT olive oil in skillet set over medium-high heat; sauté onion for about 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. ADD mushrooms, garlic, thyme, rosemary, half each of the salt and pepper, and hot pepper flakes; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
3. STIR in balsamic vinegar and lemon zest; cook for 1 minute.
4. TOAST flatbread on baking sheet in 400°F oven for about 5 minutes or until golden and heated through.
5. MEANWHILE, in saucepan set over medium heat, pour in enough water to come three inches up side; add white vinegar and bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
6. CRACK eggs into small dish; slide, one at a time, into simmering water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
7. TOP flatbreads with sautéed mushrooms and poached eggs. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
Look for ready-to-use pizza crust or flatbreads in the bakery section of the grocery store.
Per 1 flatbread :
Calories – 360
Fat – 17g
Cholesterol – 185mg
Sodium – 980mg
Carbohydrate – 35g
Fiber – 4g
Sugars – 9g
Protein – 17g