Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
4 large eggs, beaten
1 large wrap/burrito size tortilla
1/4 cup low-sodium canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped spinach
2 Tbsp. chopped red onion
1/4 large avocado, slides
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
plain greek yogurt (optional)
sliced green onion (optional)
- Preheat a medium or large non-stick skillet (about the same size as the tortillas you will use) over medium heat on the stovetop. Pour your egg into the pan and allow it to spread out fully.
- Allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes until the edges are set and it is mostly cooked through.
- Place your tortilla on top of the eggs. Then, carefully flip the tortilla and eggs so the tortilla is on the bottom.
- Add 2 Tbsp of your cheese, then the black beans, spinach, red onion, and avocado to the center of the eggs (making a line in the middle of the pan like a diameter line from one side to the other). Top with the other 2 Tbsp of cheese.
- Then, carefully fold the quesadilla into thirds. You’ll fold one side over the fillings that are in the center, and then fold the other side on top (see pictures in the blog post above). Give it a nice gentle press with your spatula to make sure it’s good and tight in there.
- Let it cook that way for another 2-3 minutes, and then flip it so the fold is now on the bottom. Cook for another 2 minutes and then transfer to a plate.
- Cut your quesadilla into triangles and top with plain Greek yogurt and green onions if desired. Enjoy!