Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Makes: 12 Servings
½ bag tater tots
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion – chopped
¼ cup pepper – chopped
1 14 oz. can rotel tomatoes and chilies (original)
¾ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
¼ tsp. cumin
½ pickled jalapeno pepper – finely chopped
½ cup cream
½ can chopped green chilies
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
1 large tomato – thinly sliced
To make potato crust:
1. Thaw tater tots and heat waffle iron.
2. Spread tater tots to completely cover waffle iron. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes until crust is crispy and brown. Set aside.
To make frittata:
1.Sauté onion and pepper in oil just until soft.
2. Beat the eggs vigorously and add the sautéed vegetables, rotel tomatoes and chilies, cheese, cumin, jalapeno pepper and chilies. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place potato crust in frying pan and pour egg mixture over crust.
4. Arrange slices of tomato evenly on top of frittata and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.
5. Cook 2 minutes on stovetop on medium heat until edges are set.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool before cutting into wedges and serving.
Pro Tips would go here….
Nutrition Info would go here….