Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
1/2 bag tater tots, thawed
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup pepper, chopped
1 10 oz. can rotel tomatoes and chilies (original)
3/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup cream
1/2 can green chilies, chopped
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
To make potato crust:
- Thaw tater tots and heat waffle iron.
- Spread tater tots to completely cover waffle iron. Close lid and cook for 5 minutes until crust is crispy and brown. Set aside.
To make frittata:
- Sauté onion and pepper in oil just until soft.
- Beat the eggs vigorously and add the sautéed vegetables, rotel tomatoes and chilies, cheese, cumin, jalapeno pepper and cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place potato crust in frying pan and pour egg mixture over crust.
- Arrange slices of tomato evenly on top of frittata and sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Cook 2 minutes on stovetop on medium heat until edges are set.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into wedges and serving.