Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings
1 -large sweet potato, scrubbed
1 -tbsp white vinegar
1 -cup alfalfa sprouts
1 -tsp each salt and pepper
2 -ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
2 -tbsp fresh lime juice
1 -tsp salt
1 -tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 -tsp pepper
1/4 -cup diced red onion
1 -jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
2 -tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. SLICE sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick slices. Pat dry.
2. TOAST slices in toaster oven or in toaster for about 10 minutes, repeating the toasting process if necessary, until golden and potato is tender.
3. GUACAMOLE: Mash together avocados, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir in red onion, jalapeño and cilantro.
4. MEANWHILE, in saucepan set over medium heat, pour in enough water to come three inches up side; add vinegar and bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
5. CRACK eggs into small dish; slide, one at a time, into simmering water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
6. TOP sweet potato toasts with guacamole and alfalfa sprouts. Top with poached eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
This breakfast is naturally gluten- and dairy-free.
Serve with sriracha or hot sauce if desired.
Per 1/4 of recipe :
Calories – 290
Fat – 20g
Cholesterol – 185mg
Sodium – 800mg
Carbohydrate – 18g
Fiber – 4g
Sugars – 4g
Protein – 10g