|blue cheese crumbles|
8 oz. (1 ½ cups)
|softened cream cheese|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|assorted mushrooms (buttons, creminis, and portobellos)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Butter, for sautéing|
|beef top sirloin steak, cut in thin strips|
|half sheets of Asiago cheese focaccia, each cut into 12 squares|
Blue Cheese Spread
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Chill.
- Melt 1 ounce butter in large sauté pan.
- Add shallots and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms have softened. Keep warm.
- For each serving: Heat butter in sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Sear 2 ½ ounces sirloin steak strips, season with salt and pepper and sauté until thoroughly cooked. Keep warm.
- For each sandwich, cook one large egg over medium heat in spray-coated nonstick pan until white is set and yolk begins to thicken, but is not hard.
- Flip over and cook briefly on other side for additional firmness.
- Split focaccia and grill the cut sides until warm.
- Cover bottom slice with 3 tablespoons blue cheese spread.
- Top with 2 tablespoons sautéed mushrooms, steak strips, and fried egg.
- Cover with focaccia top. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Do not allow raw or cooked eggs to remain at room temperature for longer than one hour (including preparation and service time).
Yield: 12 sandwiches