Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings
6 cups vegetable broth
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tsp fish sauce
4 baby bok choy, quartered
1 red Thai chili pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp white vinegar
10 oz cooked soba noodles
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1. IN SAUCEPAN set over medium heat, combine vegetable broth, ginger, garlic and fish sauce until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; add bok choy and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Add chili pepper; keep hot.
2. MEANWHILE, in saucepan set over medium heat, pour in enough water to come three inches up side; add vinegar and bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
3. CRACK eggs into small dish; slide, one at a time, into simmering water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
4. DIVIDE soba noodles among bowls.
5. LADLE hot broth and bok choy into bowls; top with poached eggs and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with sriracha or hot sauce if desired.
Replace soba noodles with cooked udon or rice noodles.
Replace vegetable broth with chicken broth if desired.
Per 1/4 of recipe