Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
|1 lb.||bulk Italian-style turkey sausage|
|1 cup||baked cheese cracker crumbs (or another cracker)|
|¼ cup||reduced fat mayonnaise|
|2 Tbsp.||Dijon mustard|
- PREHEAToven to 425°F. DIVIDE sausage into 8 equal portions. FLATTEN each slice on your palm and WRAP around hard-boiled egg. PRESS edges to seal. REPEAT with remaining eggs.
- DIPsausage covered eggs in beaten egg; ROLL in cracker crumbs. PLACE on baking sheet. BAKE at 425°F for 10 minutes; REDUCE heat to 375°F and BAKE for an additional 20 minutes.
- MIXreduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard; serve immediately.
- PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling.
- REMOVE from burner. COVER pan. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
- DRAIN immediately and serve warm or cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.
- Hard-cooked eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling. Cooling causes the egg to contract slightly in the shell.
Per serving: ¼ recipe
|Total fat:||26 g|
|Saturated fat:||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat:||3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat:||6 g|
|Vitamin A:||169 mcg|
|Vitamin D:||2 mcg|
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, choline, folate and potassium and a good source of vitamin A and vitamin D.