Prep Time: 1 Mins
Cook Time: 45 Mins
3 large egg yolks
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups heavy cream
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. cinnamon
6 mini pumpkins
¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Cut the tops off the mini pumpkins and scoops out the insides to make a pumpkin bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and brown sugar until fully combined.
- Add the heavy cream, pumpkin, vanilla, and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the cream mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- To temper the eggs, remove about ⅓ cup of the cream mixture and slowly drizzle it into the egg yolk mixture, whisking continuously. This keeps the egg yolks from scrabbling due to the heat. Add the tempered egg to the rest of the cream mixture.
- Add the pumpkin bowls to a baking dish and carefully spoon the pumpkin custard to nearly fill the pumpkins. Add about ½ inch of water to the bottom of the baking dish (this helps the custard cook evenly).
- Bake at 325˚ F for 35-45 minutes until the edges are set and the centers still jiggles slightly. Let the custard cool at room temperature for about 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle a thin layer of granulated sugar over top of the custard and lightly caramelize the sugar with a kitchen torch.