Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hr
Makes: 8 Servings
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
6 large eggs
1 cup fat free half and half
3 cups whole kernel corn, canned OR frozen, thawed
1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. SPRAY a 3-quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
2. COMBINE butter, flour and sugar. BEAT in eggs and half and half until blended. STIR in corn and cream style corn.
3. POUR mixture into prepared casserole.
4. BAKE 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
• Eggs coagulate during heating and help give the baked pudding its creamy thick texture.
• Add a special touch by sprinkling the top of the pudding with buttered bread or cracker crumbs during the last 15 minutes of baking.
Nutrition information per serving (1/8th of the recipe): 331 calories;
17g total fat; 9g saturated fat; 2g polyunsaturated fat; 5g monounsaturated fat; 170mg cholesterol; 274mg sodium; 37g carbohydrate; 2g dietary fiber;
8g protein; 681.1 IU Vitamin A; 39.3 IU Vitamin D; 52.4mcg folate;
29.5mg calcium; 1.3mg iron; 129.7mg choline.