Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup corn kernels
1 can (14-oz) diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
1/2 tsp lime zest
2 tsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Cook onion, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, thyme, chili powder, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Stir in black beans and corn until well coated. Stir in tomatoes, bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Make 4 small divots in rice mixture with spoon. Crack egg into each divot. Transfer to oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, lime zest and juice. Drizzle over rice and eggs.
- Alternatively, you can serve this dish with guacamole, and shredded Monterey Jack on top.
- Substitute black beans for pinto beans if desired.