Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Makes: 6 mini pies
6 Mini Basic Unbaked Piecrusts
3 EGGS, slightly beaten
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup half and half
1. HEAT oven to 400°F.
2. WHISKeggs, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in medium bowl. BEAT INhalf and half. POURapproximately 2/3 cup intoeach mini piecrust.
3. CAREFULLY place pies on rack in 400°F oven. BAKE15 minutes. REDUCE oven to 350°F; continue baking 20 to 22 minutes or until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean.
4. COOL completely on wire rack. REFRIGERATE, loosely covered, until firm, several hours or overnight.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 37 minutes
Chill Time: Several hours or overnight
– Garnish with toasted pecans and whipped cream.
– For easier slicing, use a thin-bladed knife. Wipe knife with clean damp towel, or rinse knife under warm water, after each cut.
– Single pie can be made with any standard unbaked 9-inch piecrust. Increase the second baking time to 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted midway between center and edge of pie comes out clean.
– When is it done? Like custard pies, pumpkin pie should be removed from the oven before the center is completely set. The center will jiggle slightly when dish is gently shaken. Filling will continue to “cook” after it’s removed and center will firm up quickly. The knife test: Test for doneness with a thin-bladed knife. If knife is clean when pulled out, the custard is done. If any filling clings to the blade, bake a few minutes longer and test again.
– Refrigerate any leftover pie promptly.