Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Makes: 1 Loaf
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. lemon juice
1. HEAT oven to 325°F. COAT bottom and sides of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. DUST bottom and sides of pan with flour; tap out excess.
2. COMBINE flour, lemon peel, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; set aside.
3. BEAT butter and sugar in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. BEAT in eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Reduce speed to low. ADD flour mixture, ½ cup at a time, just until blended.
4. POUR batter into prepared pan. BAKE in 325°F oven until cakes begin to pull away from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. COOL on wire rack 10 minutes. LOOSEN cake from sides of pans with thin knife. Remove from pan and cool completely.
* Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with finely grated lemon peel
Nutrition information per serving (1/8 of recipe): 358 calories; 17 g total fat; 10 g saturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat; 130 mg cholesterol; 311 mg sodium; 47 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 6 g protein; 564.9 IU Vitamin A; 30.7 IU Vitamin D; 63.2 mcg folate; 35.4 mg calcium; 1.8 mg iron; 70.7 mg choline.
This recipe is a good source protein, Vitamin A, folate, and choline.