Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp grounder ginger
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup vegetable broth, no salt added and divided
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tsp minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 cup red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 large eggs, whisked
- In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil, honey, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, ground ginger and garlic powder together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ¼ cup no salt added vegetable broth. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breast pieces and cook for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and onions from the skillet.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of low-sodium vegetable broth to the skillet, along with ginger, garlic, broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and onions back to the skillet. Add in the whisked eggs. Stir to combine.
- Once the eggs are cooked through, add the previously prepared balsamic vinegar sauce to the pan. Stir thoroughly to combine. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, covered.
- Divide cooked rice and stir-fry mixture evenly over 4 plates.
- Note: The USDA recommends cooking eggs until the yolk and whites are firm.