8 large eggs
2/3 cup milk
3 1/2 cups granola with nuts and dried fruit
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Generously COAT inside of 12 paper cupcake liners with cooking spray; PLACE liners in muffin pan.
- BEAT eggs, milk and salt in bowl until blended. ADD granola; MIX well. SPOON into cupcake liners.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. REMOVE cups from muffin pan; COOL on wire rack. SERVE warm.
- Spraying cupcake liners: Don’t skip this step. Although cupcake liners are not usually coated with cooking spray, for this dense eggy mixture it’s necessary to ensure that the liners will peel off the muffin frittatas.
- Quick breakfast solution: Bake muffin frittatas the night before; quickly re-warm in the microwave in the morning.
This recipe is an excellent source of folate, and a good source of choline, vitamin A and protein.