Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1¾ cups granulated sugar, divided
½ cup cocoa powder
3 large eggs
4 egg whites, at room temperature
¼ cup sour cream, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
½ tsp. cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Divide evenly into prepared muffin tin (about 1 tablespoon) and press mixture firmly into each cup. Bake 5 minutes, then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Add ¾ cup sugar, then mix until just combined. Add cocoa powder, 3 whole eggs, sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until just combined.
4. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheesecake batter into each crust. Bake 20-25 minutes, until cheesecakes are set with just a slight jiggle in the center. Set aside to cool completely, then remove each cheesecake from the pan.
5. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with about 1” water. Bring to a simmer over low heat, then place 4 egg whites, 1 cup sugar and cream of tartar in the top of the boiler. Continuously whisk for 4 minutes. Mixture is done when it is frothy and smooth, then remove from heat.
6. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat with an electric hand mixer for about 5 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
7. Pipe or spoon the meringue mixture over each cooled cheesecake. Toast with a kitchen torch until golden brown or broil on high for 1-3 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Serve and refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days.
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Poly Fat 1 g
Mono Fat 5 g
Sodium 210 mg
Total Carbohydrate 41 g
Sugar 33 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 180 mcg
Calcium 60 mg
Iron 1.2 mg
Vitamin D 0.3 mcg
Folate 10 µg
Choline 50 mg
Potassium 170 mg