Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
2 tsp lime juice
3/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
2 cups raw baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
6 large eggs, whisked
1 15-ounce can black beans, no added salt, drained and rinsed (about 1 3/4 cups cooked)
1/2 tsp chili powder
4 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed if desired
- Place avocado, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder in a bowl and mash to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place on medium to low heat. Add spinach and cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Pour eggs into skillet and stir to combine. Once the edges start to cook, use a spatula to pull the edges to the center. Repeat this movement until eggs are completely cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together black beans, chili powder and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Spread equal amounts of avocado mixture on tortillas, then top with seasoned black beans and scrambled eggs.
- Note: The USDA recommends cooking eggs until the yolk and whites are firm.