Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
12 large eggs
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup chopped red onion
8 oz. whole wheat rotini or farfalle pasta
1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finally chopped
- Place eggs in the bottom of a large pot and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from heat, cover with a lid and let sit, undisturbed for 12 minutes. Drain water and place eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool. Once cool, peel and slice in half.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the mustard, vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Add the onions, artichoke hearts, dill and parsley and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cook pasta following package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Add pasta to the bowl with the dressing along with half of the eggs and gently stir to combine.
- Portion among bowls and garnish with remaining egg halves.
- Note: The USDA recommends cooking eggs until the yolk and whites are firm.