Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Makes: 8 Servings
8 HARD-COOKED EGGS, peeled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 can (15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1. SLICE hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise. SEPARATE egg whites from yolks, placing yolks in a small bowl.
2. MASH yolks with a fork. ADD 1/2 cup cheddar, Parmesan and mayonnaise. MIX together with a fork, as filling for eggs. PLACE heaping tablespoons of mixture in egg whites; set aside.
3. MELT butter in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. SAUTE onions, peppers and celery 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly softened.
4. STIR in tomatoes and beef broth; heat to boiling. REMOVE from heat; spread sauce over bottom of an 11 x 8-1/2-inch baking dish.
5. PLACE deviled egg halves on top of Creole Sauce. SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
6. BAKE in preheated 350°F oven 25 to 30 minutes or until sauce is hot and bubbly. SPRINKLE eggs with paprika and serve over toasted French bread slices, if desired.