3 lb red potatoes, cubed, cooked and drained.
1/4 c red onion, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 c mayonnaise
1/3 c sugar
3 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 c tomatoes
1 c bacon, fried and diced
1 c turkey breast or chicken breast, cubed
1 c hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
1 c avocado, cubed
1/2 c blue cheese, crumbles
2 Tbsp scallions, diced (for garnish)
1. In large pot of water cook potatoes until soft, not mushy, drain. Add to large mixing bowl.
2. Mix all ingredients for dressing: mayonnaise, sugar, cider vinegar, salt & pepper. Gently fold into potatoes.
3. Spread potato mixture on serving platter or in serving bowl and chill while preparing toppings
4. Layer toppings accordingly from order listed above or put toppings in separate rows across potatoes on platter – or to your presentation preference!
5. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe from: Linda Bonwill, Englewood, FL
· Make sure not to over-cook potatoes. Potatoes should be soft but not mushy to point of falling apart.
· Salad can be made day before, adding toppings next day. Stir potato mixture well before adding toppings.