Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Makes: 6 Dozen Cookies
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1-1/2||tsp. baking powder|
|2||cups granulated sugar|
|1||pkg. (12 oz.) OR 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted, cooled|
|3||EGGS, room temperature|
|1/2||cup vegetable oil|
|1||tsp. peppermint extract OR vanilla|
|1/3||cup powdered sugar, sifted|
|1/4||cup crushed peppermint candies OR candy canes|
|1/3||cup granulated sugar, for rolling|
- MIX flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- COMBINE 2 cups sugar, cooled chocolate, eggs, oil and peppermint extract in mixer bowl. BEAT on medium speed until blended. Gradually ADD flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- REFRIGERATE, covered, until firm enough to shape, about 1 hour or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. MIX powdered sugar and crushed candy in small bowl. Work with 1/3 of the dough at a time, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar first and then in crushed candy mixture. PLACE 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE in 350°F oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. COOL on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. REMOVE to wire racks; cool completely.
- To keep your cookies white – roll the cookie dough ball in granulated sugar before rolling it in the powdered sugar/crushed candy cane mix.
- Chilled dough is easier to handle and holds its shape better.
Nutrition information per cookie:
83 calories; 3 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat; 8 mg cholesterol; 27 mg sodium; 13 g carbohydrate; 0 g dietary fiber; 1 g protein; 11.2 IU Vitamin A; 1.7 IU Vitamin D; 8.7 mcg folate; 10.4 mg calcium; 0.4 mg iron; 7.6 mg choline.