Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings
6-cups chicken broth
Sprigs fresh parsley or thyme
1-lb asparagus, trimmed into 3-inch pieces
2 -skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 2 lb)
1 -tbsp white vinegar
6 -cups mixed greens or baby arugula
1/ 2 -tsp each salt and cracked pepper
1/2 -cup raspberries
1/4 -cup toasted natural sliced almonds
3 -tbsp white wine vinegar
1 -shallot, minced
1 1/2 -tsp honey
1 -tsp capers
1 -tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 -tsp each salt and pepper
1/3 -cup olive oil
1. IN SHALLOW SAUCEPAN, heat chicken broth, bay leaf, parsley and peppercorns over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. ADD asparagus; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and plunge into ice water; drain and set aside.
3. ADD chicken to broth; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken breasts reach internal temperature of 165°F. Remove chicken and transfer to cutting board. When cool enough to handle, slice crosswise. Strain chicken broth; stir in vinegar.
4. DRESSING: Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, shallot, honey, capers, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
5. BRING broth to simmer. Crack eggs into small dish; slide, one at a time, into broth. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove with slotted spoon; blot on paper towels.
6. TOSS asparagus and greens with dressing; divide among 4 plates. Top each serving with chicken and poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with raspberries and almonds.
Replace almonds with sunflower seeds if desired.
Per 1/4 of recipe :
Calories – 570
Fat – 30g
Cholesterol – 315mg
Sodium – 880mg
Carbohydrate – 13g
Fiber – 5g
Sugars – 7g
Protein – 62g