Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Makes: 4 Servings
1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz.)
4 large flour OR whole wheat tortillas (10 to 12-inch)
4 slices crisp-cooked bacon
1/4 cup sliced green onions
8 eggs, beaten
- SPRINKLE 1/4 of the cheese on one side of each tortilla. TOP each with 1 bacon slice and 1 Tbsp. green onion.
- COAT large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. POUR IN eggs. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- SPOON eggs on top of bacon, dividing evenly. FOLD tortilla over filling to cover, pressing gently.
- CLEAN skillet. COAT with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. TOAST quesadillas, one at a time, just until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes per side. CUT into wedges.
- ENJOY. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Lighter Option – Recipe can be made with Canadian bacon and reduced-fat cheese, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe):
517calories; 27 g total fat; 11 g saturated fat; 3 g polyunsaturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat; 411 mg cholesterol; 952 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 28 g protein; 1,010.2 IU Vitamin A; 85.4 IU Vitamin D; 124.0 mcg folate; 303.6 mg calcium; 4.3 mg iron; 267.3 mg choline.