Cook Time: 35 Mins
1 cup water
¾ cup ham – finely chopped
½ cup unsalted butter
½ cup Parmesan cheese – finely shredded
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. chives – finely chopped
1 green onion – finely chopped
4 oz. cream cheese – softened
2 Tbsp. sour cream
2 slices bacon – fried crisp and crumbled
¼ cup dried cranberries – chopped
¼ cup toasted pecans – chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring water and butter to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and
- stir in flour quickly, all at once. Stir until dough pulls away from sides of pan.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time mixing rapidly until each is combined into the dough.
- Add chopped ham, shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped chives
- Drop by large tablespoons on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and for another 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool before filling
Instructions for bacon cheese puffs:
Mix all together and refrigerate until time to fill puffs.
Cut top from each puff, toast, and fill. Replace top.
Makes 16-20 appetizer servings.
Bacon Cheese Puffs | Gail Fuller, Raleigh
1st Place The Incredible Edible Egg Appetizer/Picnic Recipe Contest