Cook Time: 35 Mins
1 cup water
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup ham, finely chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
1 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sour cream
2 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring water and butter to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour quickly, all at once. Stir until dough pulls away from sides of pan.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time mixing rapidly until each is combined into the dough.
- Add chopped ham, shredded Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
- Drop by large tablespoons on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and for another 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool before filling.
For bacon cheese puff filling:
Mix all together and refrigerate until time to fill puffs. Cut top from each puff, toast, and fill. Replace top.