Since TikTok’s rapid success in recent years, the trends and community have evolved and snowballed as well. Users often find themselves on niche corners of the platform, dubbed to model the app’s name, like #FoodTok, #FitTok and even #FarmTok.
Originally known for dancing and lip-syncing videos, TikTok now is home to the newest age of recipes and cooking. You can watch short 30-second to three-minute videos with recipe how-to’s and unique trends to try for yourself in the kitchen.
One of the star spectacles of these trends? Eggs, of course! Whether you are looking for the next easy dinner idea, an egg hack in the kitchen, or just want to watch someone peel a raw egg on livestream for hours on end, TikTok has tons of egg content to get your fix.
Check out these five TikTok-worthy recipes that have gone viral on the platform – and for good reason.
- The options are endless when it comes to an egg sandwich, and made this way, it couldn’t be easier! Add your favorite breakfast meats, veggies, and cheese, and you have a quick, low-mess breakfast sandwich (or lunch, or dinner, we won’t tell!).
- This new variation of your typical pan-fried egg took the virtual world by storm, and with raving reviews. Subbing pesto for your usual cooking oil adds flavor and a whole new take without all the extra steps.
- A healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth! This Custard Toast recipe is easily made with two slices of toast, an egg, a spoonful of honey and finished with your favorite toppings, like fruit or chocolate.
- Tired of the same old scrambled eggs? This technique does not require any extra ingredients, and the outcome is completely different! These fluffy eggs pair perfectly with sausage, a fruit parfait, or waffles.
- And, perhaps our personal favorite, the Grated Egg Avocado Toast. Not only is it delicious and decadent, but it can also be a healthy breakfast or brunch menu item at your next get-together or holiday brunch.
While TikTok continues to grow, our love for eggs does, too. It is no secret that TikTok will be around for a while and that eggs are here to stay. We look forward to what egg trends and recipes will come from creators in the future!