Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 minutes per batch
Makes: 12 pancakes/48 silver dollar pancakes; 4 servings
||cup ricotta cheese
||cup all-purpose flour
||Tbsp. melted butter or vegetable oil
||tsp. baking powder
- BEAT eggs, cheese, flour, oil, baking powder, salt and vanilla in large bowl until blended.
- HEAT lightly greased large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. SPOON1/4 cup portion of batter (1 Tbsp. for silver dollar size) into skillet; COOK until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or preserves, or raspberries, or sliced bananasand chopped pecans.
- Always pre-heat skillet or griddle before cooking pancakes. Pan is hot when drops of water sizzle and dance on surface.
- Cook pancakes in batches. Serve immediately or keep warm on a plate in a low (200°F) oven until all batter is used.
- Make your own freezer pancakes, ready to pop in the toaster on those hurried weekday mornings.
- To freeze: Cool pancakes on wire racks. Return to baking sheets; freeze in single layer 1 to 2 hours. Wrap well, individually or stacked; freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe):303 calories; 18 g total fat; 9g saturated fat; 2g polyunsaturated fat; 6g monounsaturated fat; 313 mg cholesterol; 544mg sodium; 16g carbohydrate; 0g dietary fiber; 18g protein; 820.5IU Vitamin A; 69.5IU Vitamin D; 72.1mcg folate; 278.4 mg calcium; 2.4mg iron; 201.4 mg choline.