Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Makes: 7 Dozen Mini Cupcakes
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
4 large eggs
1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, divided
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. SPRAY mini muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
2. COMBINE cake mix, eggs, 1 cup of the orange juice concentrate, orange sections and oil in large bowl. BEAT with electric mixer on medium speed 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended.
3. SPOON batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
4. BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. LOOSEN cupcakes and carefully remove. COOL completely on wire rack. REPEAT with remaining batter.
5. For glaze, COMBINE powdered sugar, remaining 1/2 cup of the orange juice concentrate and 1/4 cup orange juice. WHISK until smooth.
6. DIP top of each cupcake into glaze. PLACE on cooling rack until glaze is firm before serving.
Substitute water for the orange juice when making glaze.
If glaze is too thick, stir in up to 1/4 cup additional liquid.
Cupcakes can be frozen. Thaw, then glaze.
Nutrition information per 1 mini cupcake: 60 calories; 1g total fat;
0g saturated fat; 0g polyunsaturated fat; 1g monounsaturated fat;
9mg cholesterol; 49mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 0g dietary fiber; 1g protein;
81.1 IU Vitamin A; 2.0 IU Vitamin D; 13.6mcg folate; 16.7mg calcium; 0.2mg iron;