Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 servings, 1 croissant each
WHAT YOU NEED
2 medium-sized croissants, sliced in half
2 slices of reduced fat American cheese, each about 3-inches square, diagonally cut in half
2 thin slices ham
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup combined chopped green or red pepper, green onions and mushrooms
2 tablespoons water
1. PLACE bottom halves of croissants on cutting board. TOP each with 2 pieces of cheese and 1 slice of ham.
2. Meanwhile, MELT butter in skillet on medium-high heat. SAUTE vegetables 1 minute.
3. BEAT eggs and water. Add to vegetables in skillet. COOK egg mixture, lifting to allow uncooked eggs to flow to bottom of skillet, until all egg mixture is cooked.
4. FOLD omelet in half. SLIDE onto cutting board. CUT in half.
5. PLACE half of omelet over ham on each croissant. COVER with top of croissant.
6. MICROWAVE each sandwich on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm and cheese is melted.
• Use sliced reduced fat Cheddar, Swiss or mozzarella cheese in place of the American cheese.
• Use thin sliced Canadian bacon, deli ham or smoked turkey in place of the ham.
• Croissant sandwiches may also be grilled in skillet or on Panini press to heat and melt cheese.
• When you know you will be short on time in the morning, prepare the sandwich the night before, pop in the microwave the next morning and off you go!