Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
|WHAT YOU NEED|
|1||cup green (tomatillo) salsa|
|2||plum tomatoes, diced|
|6||corn tortillas (6-inch), halved, cut into thin strips|
|1/2||cup queso fresco, crumbled|
- COAT 12-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. ADD salsa and tomatoes; cook and stir 2 minutes. ADD tortilla strips; stir to coat. COOK 1 minute.
- POUR eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- SPRINKLE cheese over eggs. BROIL 6 inches from heat until cheese softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To make handle ovenproof, wrap it completely in aluminum foil.
- Substitute: Queso fresco is a fresh crumbly Mexican cheese. A fresh goat cheese or a mild feta can be substituted.
Nutrition information per serving (1/6 of recipe): 255 calories; 14 g total fat; 5 g saturated fat; 2 g polyunsaturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat; 384 mg cholesterol; 424 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 16 g protein; 803.0 IU Vitamin A; 84.4 IU Vitamin D; 79.9 mcg folate; 191.7 mg calcium; 2.5 mg iron; 254.2 mg choline.