Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 to 18 minutes
Makes: 5 dozen mini muffins
WHAT YOU NEED
Vegetable cooking spray
3 large eggs, beaten
1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup milk
2 cups self-rising yellow corn meal mix
1 cup self-rising flour
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
2 tablespoons seeded chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F. SPRAY mini muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. COMBINE eggs and corn in large bowl.
3. MICROWAVE butter and onion in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. STIR into egg mixture.
4. ADD milk, corn meal, flour, cheese, chilies and jalapeno pepper; stir until well blended.
5. FILL prepared muffin tins to the top.
6. BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. LET stand 5 minutes before removing from pans. Continue BAKING remaining batter.
7. SERVE warm.
May be bake in an 8 or 9-inch square pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
Nutrition information per serving (2 mini muffins): 107 calories; 5g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g polyunsaturated fat; 1g monounsaturated fat;
31mg cholesterol; 269mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber;
4g protein; 199.0 IU Vitamin A; 7.1 IU Vitamin D; 29.5mcg folate;
106.0mg calcium; 1mg iron; 18.0mg choline.