Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
WHAT YOU NEED
1 baguette loaf
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp milk or water
Salt and pepper
1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Slice baguette into about 16 slices. Lay slices on greased baking sheet; brush tops with olive oil. Bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted.
2. BEAT eggs and milk in bowl until blended. Melt butter in small skillet set over medium-low heat; swirling pan to coat bottom.
3. POUR egg mixture into skillet. As eggs start to cook, push, pull and fold eggs with spatula frequently until all egg is cooked and no liquid remains. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. MASH together avocado, lemon juice and pinch of salt in separate bowl; spoon over slices of baguette to cover most of the surface on top. Spoon scrambled eggs over avocado.
5. TOP with chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan.
This take on eggs and avocados is great as part of an entertaining breakfast or brunch.
Per 1/8th recipe (about 2 crostini)
Saturated Fat 2.5g